COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS PLAN / HEALTH AND SAFETY FAQ
The L.L.Bean Flannel 5K holds the safety of their staff, participants, volunteers, and attendees above all else. To ensure our event is as safe as possible, and stakeholders are comfortable both on and off the course, we'll be implementing enhanced safety measures, and will provide a comprehensive list of measures to reference.
We're constantly monitoring health and safety guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO and we are currently working with the local governing entities regarding the protocols and safety measures that will be implemented on race day. Our team continues to work in direct coordination with local public health authorities to meet or exceed all local guidance, rules, and regulations. Accordingly, this Plan is subject to further revisions.
If you’re unable to attend the live event due to a confirmed COVID-19 exposure, a positive test result, or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 no more than 14 days prior to the event, and no more than 48 hours following the event, please email [email protected].
- Mask & Face Covering Requirements: Masks and face coverings will be recommended in all event areas when six-foot distancing cannot be maintained (course excluded) for staff, volunteers, and participants.
- All participants are required to bring their own Personal Protective Equipment.
- Participants must adhere to the 6 foot social distancing rules required by the state of Maine.
- All staff, volunteers, participants, and other applicable stakeholders will be subject to a self- reported health screening/questionnaire. This questionnaire must be completed and submitted prior to participation in event activities. Any stakeholder, participant, or volunteer who fails the screening, or does not submit a complete questionnaire dated as of the date of submission required, will be prohibited from participating or being present at the event.
- While checking-in, participants must adhere to the 6 foot social distancing rules required by the state of Maine.
- Masks and face coverings will be recommended in all event areas when six foot distancing cannot be maintained (course excluded) for staff, volunteers and participants. The Flannel 5K staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces and areas of activities and clean and sanitize such areas regularly.
- Please remain socially distanced while running on the course.
- Do not physically assist others outside of your household while on-course.
- Water stations will be modified and monitored by volunteers to remain safe and in compliance with CDC and local guidelines. It is recommended you bring your own hydration to the event. The L.L.Bean Flannel 5K will provide water cups at each aid station.
FINISH LINE PROTOCOL
The finish line will require the participant flow in one direction, and will have a designated entry and exit in runner refresh. Post-race hydration will be provided in sealed water bottles. These collection points will be self-serve by the participant and have regular exit points to not obstruct the flow of traffic. Masks and Face Coverings will be recommended at the finish line and will be provided to participants.
- The L.L.Bean Flannel 5K staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces and areas of activities and clean and sanitize such areas regularly.
Spectators are discouraged from coming to the event and will be prohibited from entering runner areas at the check-in, start, and finish line locations.